1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer by this website and which collect certain personal information about you.
Cookies enable us to tailor our service offering (including the website) and to provide you with a better service.
3. What cookies do we use?
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. They do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing purposes or remembering where you've been on the Internet.
• Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to collect information about how you use our website, such as, how you move around our website and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you; all of the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve the way our website works, understand what interests our users and measure how effective our advertising is.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences and improve your visit.
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. They are linked to services provided by third parties, such as "Like" and "Share" buttons. The third party provides these services in return for recognising that you have visited our website.
4. To find out more about cookies, including how to control and delete them visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Barry Sheerman - MP Huddersfield
Prof Alan Barrell - Entrepreneur in Residence, University of Cambridge
Mike Leddy - Birmingham City Councillor
Tarik Chawdry - Assistant Director, Birmingham City Council